Saturday, May 12, 2007

Playoff Living, Installment the First


This year's hockey playoffs have brought vast change to the B A Start household. Check back for updates.

First #1: The Playoff Beard

Whether this good-luck tradition is localized to Buffalo fans or not, I cannot tell. Either way, the bulk of my small-conversation recently has been related to whether or not it itches, if Jess likes it, and general maintenance issues.

My co-workers have been talking with me much more often of late. Apparently flying the "I like the local professional hockey club" flag has given them a toehold, opened a small door into the mysterious personal life of the man they call 'Alex'. Heretofore, I was a sphinx, inscrutable and unmoving. The appearance of facial hair has revealed to the world that a human heart may yet beat beneath the Great Stone Face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that playoff beard better produce tonight or there's gonna be hell to pay!